Monday, November 28, 2011

The Borodash 2011

 It all started when I woke up on Thanksgiving Day. I got my clothes on and did everything else you probably do in the morning. Then, I got on my tag. I was all ready for the Borodash! I walked outside to wait for my cousins, and it was FREEZING cold. It was also very foggy. When they arrived, we departed to the location. When we got out of the car, it was still freezing cold. In fact, it was so cold I could see precipitation in the air! My eldest cousin, uncle, my dad and me walked to the starting line while the middle cousin, my brother, my sister, and my mom went to cheer us on. There were about 2,400 people their, and did I mention it was freezing cold? I stretched and just like that, the race began. It took a while to push toward the front but I managed. I sped through the one and two mile mark, raced past the third, and it was eerily quiet at that point in the race. Towards the very end, a guy dressed up as Santa Claus patted me on the back. I dashed into the stadium where the finish line was waiting for me. The  4 mile race was over. I ran a 28:47 and got 59TH over all! 4th in my age division. After I ran I rushed into the warm bathroom and thawed my frozen hands. It was a GREAT race but was freezing!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 13th birthday Spencer!! You are now a teenager. woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Spencer! We hope your year is filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete